After launching the timeline in 2012, the first thing that Facebook did was to protect the profile pictures with privacy settings. Well, it’s actually a good thing. Because we’ll be a little bit of safer from those people with bad intentions. But suppose, if a person with his/her full body as the profile photo sends you a friend-request and at the same time you can’t recognize his name, location & everything else. Moreover, his/her DP is kept private also. Then, won’t you like to check out at least his/her profile picture well before deciding whether to accept the request or not? Obviously, anybody will like to. In fact, there may come many such situations when we need to check out the private profile pictures of others. But so far we could not do this because of this privacy settings. Ah, don’t worry! With me, you still definitely can!
The trick behind this is very simple and you’ve got two different ways to do so. You can choose whichever you like. Remember, the picture shown above is of our website’s official Facebook page. For fb pages, you don’t need these tricks. Because there is nothing like privacy system for the profile pictures of pages. These tricks will be useful for only those user accounts where the profile picture is not clickable from that user’s timeline. That means, you are not allowed to see the full version of their profile photo because of its privacy settings. So, here are the ways to do it!
Trick – 1
- First of all, visit the user’s timeline.
- Then, right click on the profile picture & copy the image URL.
- There after, open a new tab in your web browser & paste the URL into the address bar.
- Now, remove the entire part starting from hprofile-ak-… to …s160x160/ in the URL and make sure there is no double slashes left at that location of the URL.
- Finally, hit ENTER, and there you go!
For example, if the URL is something like,
Then turn it into,
by removing the part
Trick – 2
- Get the username or user ID from his/her timeline URL.
- Copy this URL http://graph.facebook.com/USERNAME/picture?width=2000&height=2000 & paste it in the address bar of a new tab.
- Replace USERNAME with his/her username or user ID whichever is available.
- Hit ENTER, and there you go!
The 2nd trick is much more easier than the first one. Moreover, if you can’t access his/her profile due to some reasons (like, they blocked you), then too you can get the profile picture without any hassle using the second trick. You just need to keep the username or user ID in mind.
That’s all! If you feel any problem with these tricks or if you have got any queries, opinions, thoughts, advice etc, just leave a comment below and I’ll get back to you soon. Thanks for reading this article! Have a nice day!